You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick change size of the brush

You can also change size of brush with [ and ] keys. Or simply by dragging on "width" word in toolbars. And opacity in 10% increments with numbers 1 to 0 or more precise if you type two numbers fast. (37% is 3 and 7 pressed quickly after).

Edited by pixelrain

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

Hi Gizbo,

This is already available on Windows however the shortcut is a little different: press and hold ALT + right mouse button + left mouse button + drag horizontally to change brush size and vertically to change brush hardness.

That is not possible if you're working with a tablet + pen, which I think a lot are or eventually will. Could you please change this to something that requires a little less fingers. Why not ctrl + alt + left click (drag)? Also the brush size options don't work with the brush tool of tone mapping.  

That is not possible if you're working with a tablet + pen, which I think a lot are or eventually will. Could you please change this to something that requires a little less fingers. Why not ctrl + alt + left click (drag)? Also the brush size options don't work with the brush tool of tone mapping.  

Well I just tried it again. It's possible it's just very cumbersome. Can't it be simplified?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to echo this request. I came to the forum after finding out what the shortcuts were. It's a very unfamiliar combination. If it was the only software I used, I could get use to it, but I bounce between several and the more I can create overlap in their shortcuts, the more fluid my experience is.

I would love to be able to customize it via hotkey editor, barring that, a simplified combo would be an improvement. I must say, though, I really appreciate the visualization you guys have in place for the size and hardness.

• 1 month later...

Arghh, can someone try and pull this off on a surface tablet with the cover keyboard! It's impossible to right-click/left-click together... Ctrl-Alt-LMB would be comparative to the Mac and make my (and lots of others) switching between devices alot simpler ;) Or can we change this combo somehwere?

Regards,

M

• Staff

Hi mmuller,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no way to change the default shortcut for this. It's different on Windows because we only have access to three modifier keys there, while there's four available on the Mac. We are aware that it's not very intuitive and are considering changing it if we find a better solution.