Hello,

I've ran into this issue several times and seems to happen when ever I try to merge down line art I've created with multiple paths that have different stroke profiles. I'm sure this task should be simple (takes half a second in Illustrator with a "merge" and the same file, exported from AD as .eps) but AD seems to stall and then I have to force close the program.

Also, will there be a feature (or am I overlooking it?) like that of the merge feature in Illustrator? Union is great and all but the behavior leaves me wanting more. If I create line art for a cartoon, use filled objects to color in behind it, I would like to then merge the color object with the lines thus cutting up the color fill object, into shapes to color whilst simultaneously merging the expanded line art strokes into a nice neat compound shape.

Thanks for any insight/help!

Hi Sullyman

As this no doubt takes a complex document with a lot of line are you able to provide an example file using this link so we can look into reproducing this?

Feature we are intending to implement form version 1 are listed here. If the feature you would like to see s not on there than feel free to create a new thread in out Feature Requests section

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Sullyman

Thanks for the file. Unfortunately I have tried using add on various objects in the file and it's pretty instant for me. Which objects in particular are you trying to join?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com