You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I

Hi New user just wetting my toes on Affinity Photo.

I loaded some shots from for practice and discovered a number of what appeared to be hot pixels red, blue and white 6 in total.

I did a test photo on a white background and only came up with one of each color in different positions to the original photo?

After loaded the first photo into Photoshop with nil hot pixels and the test photo came up clear as well.

Next, I loaded both photos into DXO and again came up with nil hot pixels.

See attached, I would be very interested in your findings.

Shrunk photos from photoshop. I have not found the facility in affinity to shrink for emails yet!

Cheers

Montychristo

post-51203-0-34063300-1486354551_thumb.jpg

post-51203-0-31573800-1486354823_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hey Montychristo, could we ask what camera you're using and whether you're shooting at a high ISO or doing long exposure shots? We currently don't remove/remap hot pixels so that's why you are seeing them - I do believe it's something that will be introduced in a future update though.

With regular exposures and typical ISO speeds hot pixels aren't usually an issue (hence my asking the above questions), but if you're getting those with typical exposure settings then it would certainly be worth investigating (as Leigh mentioned above regarding sending the images across).

Cheers!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

• 2 months later...

+1 for hot pixel auto-removal feature request. Just came across it when I was working with a RAW image with moderately high ISO (however not so high by current sensitivity of image sensors). I had assumed it would be present.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I realize this is a very old thread but I would also like to see a hot pixel filter.

As a work around, I found that if I open the raw file in Raw Therapee (portable version available), then use the "Edit current image in external editor" option at the bottom of the RT interface, it will transfer the image over to AP. Affinity Photo can be selected as the external editor in RT's preferences under the General tab using the "Custom command line" of C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Photo.exe

It brings it over as a tiff file so there's no data loss. Not the ideal solution, but it works seamlessly and you have the added benefit of using Raw Therapee's DAM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, cheapsunglasses said:

I realize this is a very old thread but I would also like to see a hot pixel filter.

As a work around, I found that if I open the raw file in Raw Therapee (portable version available), then use the "Edit current image in external editor" option at the bottom of the RT interface, it will transfer the image over to AP. Affinity Photo can be selected as the external editor in RT's preferences under the General tab using the "Custom command line" of C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Photo.exe

It brings it over as a tiff file so there's no data loss. Not the ideal solution, but it works seamlessly and you have the added benefit of using Raw Therapee's DAM.

Thanks so much for providing this work-around.  I was not aware of Raw Therapee,  /jim