You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blackmagic ATEM Export Plugin

Hi,

I came across Affinity looking for an alternative to Photoshop for a stand alone installation. I've been playing around with the trial and seems to be a very well thought out piece of software. The initial search was for creating graphics for export in to an ATEM switcher in a live environment, which is done via BMD's SwitcherExport.Plugin. I've copied this over to Affinity, but cannot see how to get it to work - it does not show up in the plug-ins list even with "allow Unknown" selected.  Would I be correct in saying that the PS plug-in support is only for filters and not for exporters? 

Many thanks.

Chris

• Staff

Welcome to the forum Chriscj :)

I'm pretty sure this plugin won't work with Affinity Photo as it appears to be written specifically for PS. You could contact Blackmagic to see if they have plans to add support for other apps.

Never heard of ATEM switchers before. They look like a serious piece of kit :)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So still no news on this topic? :( 

I, too, would love to have an export to ATEM plugin for Affinity Photo!! If Blackmagicdesign won't make it, maybe Serif will make it? What do you think, Serif? Are you listening/reading? The ATEM switchers are a HUGE success and not everybody is using Photoshop (anymore, in my case). It would be another argument for folks switching to Affinity Photo if you'd provide us with such an export plugin ... pretty pleeeeze?? ❤️ 

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 7:14 AM, Zico Racing said:

We need this plugin. Maybe we will do crowdfunding to create such a plugin by Serif? Maybe write directly to the authors of Affinity to make sure it is possible to make this plugin?

Currently, AP only supports some but not all PS filter plugins (those with an .8BF filetype for Windows or an 8BFM type code for Mac). No other file type is supported at all, including input/output plugins, which the ATEM export plugin appears to be.

So there is pretty much zero chance of an export plugin working with AP, meaning the equivalent in AP would almost certainly have to be 'baked in' to the code of the app itself. It isn't about the money so much as the time it would take to do that, & beside that Serif has made it very clear in the past they are not at all interested in crowd funding because it does not fit their business model.

If you want to contact the developers about this, the best way is to post something in the features requests & feedback forums, but for the reasons cited about, it is unlikely they will be adding anything like this soon.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

One of the reasons this compatibility would be important is because DaVinci Resolve is the main suggested solution to replace Adobe Premiere. This would however require the Affinity line to be compatibile with the whole Blackmagic file format line.

Paolo

7 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

One of the reasons this compatibility would be important is because DaVinci Resolve is the main suggested solution to replace Adobe Premiere. This would however require the Affinity line to be compatibile with the whole Blackmagic file format line.

Important to BlackMagic users or not, I would not hold my breath while waiting for this to be supported in Affinity. Like a lot of other missing or poorly supported features, it probably has a much lower priority at Serif than quite a few other improvements that would benefit a much larger number of users, particularly for stability, hardware acceleration, real 'end-to-end' CMYK support, etc.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

Once upon a time... I wondering if there are any new information about this piece of software and the bridge between Affinity Photo and the ATEM Software Control Media (like PS do)? It would be not only a great help - I believe it is also strategic