You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, in AD, is it possible to insert a CRLF type character in Frame Text text, or is there some other way of starting a new line without a paragraph break?

I realize that I can selectively adjust the "space before" or "space after" a paragraph break, but I have a situation where I need both paragraph breaks and new lines without a paragraph break, and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without manually adjusting the breaks at every new line/paragraph according to specific context?

Thank you 

For some reason the standard soft break shift-return does not work in AD and instead have to use ctrl-return. In windows there may be another shortcut (as cmd-return makes text path outlines).

On this Windows 10 system, Shift+Enter inserts a line break as expected. Ctrl+Enter (the Windows equivalent of Cmd+Return on a Mac) converts any selected object(s) to curves.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to recall that initially shift-return in AD did not produce a soft return (line break), that there were requests to fix this, that it was fixed for a while—but the fix seems to have disappeared from the current version! Text Insert Character Line Break does indeed work, but when you use that the drop-down indicates that shift-return is a shortcut—ditto if you look at Preferences>Draw>Text listing—it just doesn't work, even after, in the Preferences list, I deleted and re-entred the shortcut. What did work for me was to (again using the Preferences>Draw>Text listing) change the shortcut to shift-option-return.