amyas

Can't insert space in Chinese paragraph.

post-17729-0-94892500-1486194255_thumb.gif

This happens on every Chinese paragraph in the text frame, if I press SPACE in the paragraph, it returns, instead of put a space in there. 

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the text format, because the SPACE key works normal after replaced the text with English content. You can randomly pick a Chinese paragraph to test it out.

Both macOS and Designer are latest version. Thanks for fixing it! 

Hi Amyas,

Could you attach an AFDesign file that displays this issue please? I've just tried pasting in a block of Chinese text but couldn't reproduce the issue.

Thanks for noticing, here's the file.  :)

test file.afdesign

Ahhh I see what's going on here. As all the characters are together with no spaces, it is treating them as one word so will force onto a new line as to not separate the word. However Chinese is different and doesn't respond like this. This has already been raised here (see post below) and is now with our developers to look at.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28384-incorrest-line-breaking-in-text-containing-english-words-and-han-characters/

Chinese text can be really hard to deal with sometimes, hope your team can fix it soon. ;) 

If you need help testing bug fixes or anything relevant to Chinese, just contact me. Thanks for everything!