Sign in to follow this  
LeviA

Convert Pen Tool path into Selection in Affinity Photo as an add to a selection already made?

Is there a way to convert a path to a selection, and have the selection be added/subtracted to a selection that is already made?

Hi LeviA,

It isn't possible to do this in Affinity I'm afraid, You can create a Pen selection then add to it using the selection tools however :) I recommend making a Feature Request for the ability to add Pen Tool selections to pre existing selections :)

C

Having made a selection, you can save it as a spare channel (via the 'As Spare Channel' option on the 'Select > Save Selection' submenu). After drawing a filled shape with the Pen Tool, go back to the Select menu and choose 'Selection From Layer', and then go to the Channels panel, right-click on the spare channel and choose to add, subtract or intersect with the new selection that you have just made.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 • Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.76 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.0.35 • iOS 11.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Conversion of a path to a selection is very straightforward. What is slightly less so is combining the new selection with a pre-existing one.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 • Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.76 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.0.35 • iOS 11.4.1 (iPad Air 2)