Is there a way to convert a Pen Tool path you make into a selection. There is a selection from layer I can do, but I would like to just convert the path into a selection, without having to create extra layers.

Of course. After you draw your closed region with the Pen Tool, just click "Selection" from the Context Toolbar.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Not sure.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

You can Cmd-click the path in the Layers panel, but I don't think that's any quicker than pressing the 'Selection' button on the Context toolbar.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I have my suspicions that it's an iPad question.  If you ignore the original posts from February, it sounds like the question is asking whether there's a quick way on iPad to do the same as Alt/Opt clicking on a node or handle to make a sharp angle.  That's my guess anyway.

Sorry, but on Affinity photo i can not see a possibility to convert a path to a selection. Is there a hint?

3 minutes ago, Moon12 said:

Sorry, but on Affinity photo i can not see a possibility to convert a path to a selection. Is there a hint?

On 2/3/2017 at 5:58 PM, Bri-Toon said:

Of course. After you draw your closed region with the Pen Tool, just click "Selection" from the Context Toolbar.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

4 minutes ago, Moon12 said:

Please see the attached.

Create your pen tool path

Then click the SELECTION button at top.

Path will convert to selection.

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 10.47.36.png

On 7/13/2019 at 6:56 AM, Moon12 said:

I guess i could not see the selection button because the path was not closed. ¬¬

The button should still be available. The selection would just close automatically with a straight line from the two endpoints.

Just a final thought, not one you asked - but can be a trap.  If you have your path, then use the node tool to make curves etc, then before you finalise your selection, you need to go back to the Pen Tool to find "selection" in the context bar.

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 10

Affinity Photo 1.7

Nik Collection

Amd processor 6 Core,  8 Mgs RAM