Hi to everyone,

I just have a quick question/tip.

Can we expect option to import of PDF/EPS (general vector files), as raster "Photoshop Import PDF" style?

I do a lot of sign making, digital printing, car wrapping,

and I receive files that just need to be rasterised before going into production (CREO, VersaWorks, Raster Link Pro)

(font, shadows, transparencies, messy CMYK/RGB files, gradients... and so on).

So this option would be awesome step of replacing my CS3 :)

Thanks.

p.s. eps export that works with older programs (Illustrator 10 compatibility) would be good for industry users.

btw in my whole life I didn't see cleaner eps file... like hand written :)

I know, but it does not work... if I don't have fonts installed on system, they are not retrieved from pdf (embedded or subsetted ones), instead they are replaced, so it's useless in this operation.

Then use a pdf reader or editor capable of converting the thing to a bitmap. Or, as I usually do with any and every ad, use Acrobat to convert the type to curves.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

If you place the PDF instead of opening it it will render as it is and no fonts are needed. This means of course you have to have base document set to right size before placing (ok, you can set it after place but setting the size is not any easier there either). You can then rasterize the PDF layer and/or export to pixel format.

If you place the PDF instead of opening it it will render as it is and no fonts are needed. This means of course you have to have base document set to right size before placing (ok, you can set it after place but setting the size is not any easier there either). You can then rasterize the PDF layer and/or export to pixel format.

Really? Not here.

PDF:

post-255-0-47982200-1486176859_thumb.png

Disabled the active fonts used for making the PDF. Placed in AD:

post-255-0-42298500-1486176886_thumb.png

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

OK, I though this worked. Have to add feature request for "pass-through option".

I guess there are apps available for win that can save to bitmap. In OSX this would be trivial using Preview.

OK, I though this worked. Have to add feature request for "pass-through option".

I guess there are apps available for win that can save to bitmap. In OSX this would be trivial using Preview.

Serif just had brought that capability to place PDFs (what I consider a real Placing) with pass-through in PagePlus X9, so the company's last hurrah with the Plus line. And it wasn't/isn't without its warts, but in general it works. 

So it took them a while to include it in their then flagship product.

Serif just had brought that capability to place PDFs (what I consider a real Placing) with pass-through in PagePlus X9, so the company's last hurrah with the Plus line. And it wasn't/isn't without its warts, but in general it works. 

So it took them a while to include it in their then flagship product.

Now that they've worked out how to do it, one would hope that it won't take them quite so long to include the same capability in the Affinity products.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I think system level PDF toolkit should make it easy to place and display PDF. Opening it as editable is much heavier coding. (Though PDF toolkit is not without bugs in OSX just now..)