You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've searched this forum and I haven't seen anyone requesting the artboard feature, for Affinity Photo. It's not a deal breaker feature, but it's really nice to have. My usage would be for mockups, I often take photos of blank paper packaging in several angles and it's convenient to group them all inside the same file.

Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, I've just stumbled upon this very feature inside Affinity Photo! I've done it by creating a new iPad document and then duplicating the default artboard. However I can't see any way to add extra artboards through the menus, nor I see a way to convert a normal photo/image into a artboard. There's nothing in the help system about this either.

I guess this is now a Questions & Feedback topic, but I can't move or delete this topic by myself. A little help here please? Thanks again!

post-32344-0-23104900-1486125538_thumb.png

If you have designer you can also create an Art board there then select

File > Edit in Photo

and the Art board will still be there in Photo and you can duplicate it, for multiple Art boards, and resize them at will.

To add an Art Board to a normal photo/image... either copy the image and paste it onto an Art Board in another document or copy an empty Art Board from another document and paste it into your photo/image document and then move/nest the photo/image into the Art Board

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi LCamachoDesign,

Artboards are an exclusive Designer feature. Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing app. It's not intended to be used for graphic/web/ui design where artboards are commonly used. Although Photo does recognise them it's not possible to create them there.

A photo editing app can still make good use of artboards, look at the attached file to see how it can be useful to see & organize multiple mockup angles at the same time. Also, if Affinity Photo is just a RAW/photo editor (which I think it's the right approach btw), how come it has presets for iOS devices? And these presets create artboards on their own? ;)

I guess we can reclassify this post as a feature request to expose the artboard creation within Affinity Photo, since the functionality is clearly already here, it's just hidden at the moment.

Thanks!

post-32344-0-02315000-1486136152_thumb.png

post-32344-0-17593800-1486136210_thumb.png

BUMP: Turns out this artboard creation that Affinity Photo does when choosing the document type as Devices is a bug? An artboard is only created the first time a Devices document is chosen from the drop down, subsequent new documents create regular non-artboarded files... if you do chose another document type in the drop down, such as Print, and then re-choose Devices, an artboard is created again. :D 

• 1 month later...