You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Little Survey: please, add your contribution

Hi there,

It's been a while now I've been wondering what is the Affinity user look like?

Is he/she a professional? Or does he/she use Affinity only for fun? What are his/her expectations/needs?

I put together a very little survey here:

Affinity User Survey

It's nothing too serious and it takes only a few minutes, but I think it can be very interesting to get a better sense of what the scenario looks like.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could fill it and provide a few info.

P.S. This is just a personal survey, it has nothing to do with Affinity, there's no direct connection.

The survey doesn't ask for your email address or any personal data, it is totally anonymous.

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Only 9 responses so far, but it's shaping up very interesting, I will share the result.

Come on guys, add yours! :)

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti

your survey has a bug.  If I am only interested in Designer, I must specify values for Photo in order to submit the survey.  Either have two surveys or make certain answers N/A

Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43

Windows 10 Pro, i7, 32gb RAM, MSI GTX 970

Using it for Board game design/enhancements, icon designs for software development, design of items to be cut on laser cutters.

Good catch,

Thanks for the advice TurboCooler.

I fixed it, now it should be better.

Please, let me know if you notice any other inconsistency.

Andrew
-

Alright,

This is what we've got so far.

I find this data extremely interesting, I wish more people would take part to it.

So, it seems Photo is the most used between the two by a slight margin.

Most of you guys work for print and web, and quite a few use the programs mostly for fun.

What I find very interesting is the amount of data you guys work with, considered 12 out of 19 people deal with something between 10 to 100 MB.

In fact, is no surprise only 3 people use Photo for Raw editing.

Too bad there aren't more responses because we could really shape something out of this.

Let's pretend for a moment that this is the most common scenario and people who use Photo don't deal with big files, then it becomes obvious why we see so many posts about new features requests. In fact, 10-100MB are not a big issue in terms of performance (and I assume stability too) which leaves the users feedback to mainly requesting new tools to play with vs improving what they already have (which, with that file size, it might prove to be fast enough).

But then again, in a scenario like that, I wonder what's the real reason of Develop Persona. It gets clear now that only a few uses Develop Persona as that involves working with raw files, hence lots of data and performance becomes a serious matter.

Well, that's all for now.

The Survey is still open and available for anyone who wants to chime in.

Thanks to all the people who did the survey, I really appreciate your help and time!

Best,

Andrew

post-29331-0-44187200-1486287764_thumb.gif

Andrew
-

Very interesting to see the answers so far.  I hope to see more people take it, but it is kind of hidden.  I only stumbled upon it because I was reading in a different subforums than I usually do. 

Very good point, CarlB.

In fact, when I created the thread I thought for a moment to add the link to the other sub-forums as well.

Perhaps I'll do so.

Andrew
-

Thank you guys,

We now have reached 57 responses, much better!

I had to split the screen shot in two separate passes, as the comments wouldn't be included in the first screen only.

It seems the situation is pretty much consistent with the previous round.

post-29331-0-50648400-1486460138_thumb.gif

post-29331-0-99429800-1486460142_thumb.gif

Andrew
-

Thank you, JEndert.

We now have 69 responses.

I will update the screenshot later, although the scenario is quite the same.

Andrew
-

Done.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)