You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been doing some work with students at school on illustrating active words. This has given me an opportunity to explore Affinity Designer for the first time. I am finding the software very flexible. Where it scores hugely over Drawplus is in the layer management and in the ability to switch between vector and pixel personas. I do miss the autotrace options in Designer. I can still go to Drawplus and there are third party Bitmap to Vector programs online. However, it would be good to have all the tools in one place.

Mike Clark

post-50238-0-60026200-1486061933_thumb.jpg

Penguins Melt3.afdesign

Thanks for sharing the AD file.... I use AP much more than AD but files like yours help me better understand how AD works when I need to use it.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Fine AD work. Sad the penguins are melting.

Just like you, most everyone hopes and waits for the bitmap to vector.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Sad the penguins are melting.

+1

This is a very dramatic image Mike…

and a most stupendous work!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)