You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.5.2.56

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Designer version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Added New Welcome Screen
  • Fixed Blend Mode dropdown doesn't update on context toolbar when set via a brush
  • Fixed crash when saving keyboard profile
  • Fixed aspect ratio is disabled for a curve
  • Fixed Erase Brush Tool Drag + Alt does not display colour picker  
  • Removed Freehand Selection 'Close Line'
  • Fixed Opacity is the default slider in the gradient fill dropdown menu
  • Fixed Layer panel jumps/lags with a long layer name 
  • Fixed Info panel loupe remains stuck to cursor if interrupted during use
  • Fixed pasting text from Word is added as groups of Artistic Text objects
  • Fixed being unable to set Language: None in the Edit Text Style dialog
  • Fixed Corner type dropdown on context bar not updating when we select objects with different corner types
  • Fixed Levels Dialog, Color channel reverts to master when altering sliders
  • Fixed crashing on custom keyboard shortcuts (primarily Pixel Persona)
  • Fixed Custom keyboard shortcut for Recolour Adjustment is broken
  • Fixed DPI being shown as points for PDF & EPS export
  • Fixed Pen Tool crash due to settings change in previous beta
  • Fixed Adding, Renaming or Deleting an export preset doesn't update the UI straight away
  • Removed 'Accumulation' from Erase Brush Tool context bar
  • Fixed black area left when app is restarted after hiding the UI with floating panels
  • Fixed Levels adjustment using alt modifier not working
  • Fixed create palette from image being greyed out if accessed before a document is created or opened
  • Fixed invalid scaling sizes not immediately reverted in Slices Panel
  • Fixed Zoom tool unable to enter value above 500 on context toolbar
  • Fixed changing document with a Layer Effects will apply it to the second image
  • Fixed being unable to import if no asset categories
  • Fixed Symbols not snapping immediately when you drag them from the Symbols panel
  • Added remaining variables to input boxes in the transform panel
  • Fixed JPG compression changes from 85 to 100 when changing file format
  • Attempted fix for crash with multiple files open
  • Fixed clicking on Fill Popup button on context toolbar changes fill on selection 

Win 10, installation over the previous beta (.54)

First time I ran it the following error message appeared: "There was an error loading your settings. Some settings may be incorrect."

I clicked "OK" and it started fine. Now it does not show this error message anymore. It feels a bit faster and my Wacom Pen seems smoother.....

Thank you all, dev and support.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Thanks Mark and team. I too got the error message but loaded fine - I like the new welcome screen. (Perhaps this is what caused the error mesage first time?)

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

I didn't have the error on first run that is being mentioned. I also didn't see the welcome screen until just now when I went tot he help menu and chose it.

As it seems like most of the space is used for advertisements, I choose to never show the thing.

• Staff

German:

Hallo, seltsamer Rand um eine Datei von 512x64 Pixel in 56 Beta. In 1.5.1.43 ist in Ordnung.

Google:

Hello, strange edge around a file of 512x64 pixels in 56 beta. In 1.5.1.43 is fine.

Can you try and go to View > View Mode > and enable Clip to Canvas?

Können Sie versuchen, und gehen Sie zu 'Ansicht > Ansichtmodus' und aktivieren 'An Leinwand Begrenzen'?

• Staff

is it possible to have both the beta and the normal version installed or will that cause problems?

That is indeed fine! The Beta and Retail version share different install directories as well as different settings so nothing you do in one will affect the other.