You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I started to work with the first beta versions of Affinity Photo, I knew my Photoshop days were over. I can't say enough good things about Affinity Photo even if not everything is perfect (yet). So, for 2017 I decided to start to do free tutorials about how I work with it, and how I face the challenges of creating work that in Photoshop you normally do in a different way.

This is my first tutorial and is about how you can create realistic snow with a custom brush made entirely in Affinity Photo. It works very well to create from snow storms to soft falling snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlxXqCCx9AM

You can also go to my blog and download the brush I created in the video and also another one for more light snow.

http://blog.pedrosoares.photo/branca-leve-e-fria/

The language in the video is portuguese (and in the blog) but I'll try to ad english subtitles if requested. Nevertheless it's very easy to follow all the steps I show.

Finally the idea is to do a tutorial more or less every week and I'll try to share it here with all the forum members. But if you want to be the first to know about upcoming tutorials, I invite you to subscribe my newsletter and youtube channel.

Hope you enjoy the video :)

Pedro

Photographer, Designer, Climber & Happy Gardener

Your tutorial was good, even tho' I do not know Portuguese. Stepping thru each task while seeing the interface being used was understandable.

I d-loaded the brush, will give it a try.

Thank you for sharing.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thanks gdenby to take the time to give me some feedback. I have plans to provide english subtitles and also do some tutorials in english.

Ler's see if I can upload another one next week  :)

Let me know if the brush(es) worked for you.

Thanks 

Photographer, Designer, Climber & Happy Gardener