You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD & AP - Remember my settings of last use

Hello, guys at Serif.

Please, make Affinity Photo and Designer remember my last settings, for example, If I choose Lanczos instead Bilinear, please, remember this choice in the next time.

If I do Effects/Bevel and Emboss, please, let me reuse my last settings. Is not useful "pillow" 5px every time! The ideal is a option "save as default" for each effect, like Photoshop do.

Please, set LANCZOS for defalt for everything!

Please, SET by default export do PDF with JPEG 100% instead JPEG 85%

PLEASE, let me choose if I want to export to PDF with layers or not!

Please, set LANCZOS for defalt for everything!

I think Bicubic would be a better default than Lanczos.

Whilst Lanczos 3 Separable may provide slightly sharper images than Bicubic, if the image has plain areas such as a plain blue sky, it's more susceptible to introducing artifacts.  For this reason I think Bicubic would be the safer 'all-rounder' default setting because there's not much difference between Lanczos 3 Separable and Bicubic, but it has the benefit of playing nicer with parts of images without much detail.

I agree on this suggestion - I have to select 'Area: Selection without background' every time I'm exporting a transparent logo, even within the same session. Gets a bit tiresome to see it always default to 'Whole document'.

Even better would be the option to right-click any selection and have 'export objects' show up in the menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, come on ... this has and plenty of similar issues have been brought up so many times before... and they constantly get ignored. Workflow is absolutely no issue for Serif ... aside that it currently seems like they are in heavy fight with some serious bug fixing (there's no beta any more - what is good since the final version is nothing more than an early beta) - updates have been suspended for weeks now ... just face it and don't expect anything that makes professional work with AP seamless in the near future ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com