You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reusing wild animal textures in AD

v_kyr

Well file size is sadly ~33 MB and thus exceeds the forums max single file size (of 20 MB ?), so I didn't tried to attach it at all. - Otherwise would have attached it here for the community!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Well file size is sadly ~33 MB and thus exceeds the forums max single file size (of 20 MB ?), so I didn't tried to attach it at all. - Otherwise would have attached it here for the community!

Nice work.

I have to suppose the bitmaps are attached to the style, thus the large size.

Perhaps you might post a small tute showing steps to make just 1 example.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Nice work.

I have to suppose the bitmaps are attached to the style, thus the large size.

Perhaps you might post a small tute showing steps to make just 1 example.

Yes the bitmaps are included in some manner inside the style file, otherwise they wouldn't appear if you share style-files! - But I wonder how big such a style file gets, since the bitmaps I used each are at least only about 90 KB max in size here and I used just 12 small images so far. Like this one ...

post-49706-0-72594800-1485998378_thumb.jpg

MiniTut - Steps to make one style entry:

1. Create a little rectangle object (for example I used WxH = 550x310 pix)
  2. Select that object and then change to the Fill Tool, go to the context toolbar of the Fill Tool and change it's Type to Bitmap...
  3. ...now a file dialog will open to let you pick an image (texture bitmap), the selected image will be applied to the object as a texture. You can use the controls on the canvas for scalling, transforming and rotating it as desired.
  4. Now select the whole object, go to the style view select the style menu and add the selected object as a style into a new category.

Or even better, take a look at this video here or another video here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2