You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to Nightvale-WIP

Alabaster

Told a friend they'd be able to find something i did on these forums about a week ago, but I haven't gotten to finishing it, so here's the sketch...

It's not really going to look the same in the end, especially since I'm still deciding how I want to go on color. It's supposed reflect the podcast in the sense that it will be to be dark themed, but also meant to have undertones of beauty, so finding the balance between color and... not seems like it will be difficult.

EDIT: Updated with the most recent version, of which... I'm not exactly happy with. I was just messing around with colors and effects mostly, any suggestions?

post-198-0-53390500-1417108137_thumb.png

post-198-0-09702000-1417111715_thumb.png

post-198-0-81056900-1417145275_thumb.png

"Why can't a mask be the face of reason?"

~Area 11, Knightmare/Frame

Yup, you're on to something here. Very good effort. 

Are you familiar with the album art of a band called Gong? This reminds me of one of their albums.

GONG%20magick%20brother2.jpg

http://www.45worlds.com/cdalbum/cd/snap199cd

You will probably know by now, that a pencil sketch/scan will speed things up very quickly.

It's the vectoring, that I find takes ages...only 10,000 hours to go :ph34r:

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Yup, you're on to something here. Very good effort. 

Are you familiar with the album art of a band called Gong? This reminds me of one of their albums.

GONG%20magick%20brother2.jpg

http://www.45worlds.com/cdalbum/cd/snap199cd

You will probably know by now, that a pencil sketch/scan will speed things up very quickly.

It's the vectoring, that I find takes ages...only 10,000 hours to go :ph34r:

Very cool... I've not heard of them, but it does seem similar. This picture is solely inspired by Welcome to Night Vale, a (FREE) podcast from the perspective of Cecil Palmer, a radio newscaster from and for the simple little Lovecraftian town of Nightvale. It is host to a wide array of... interesting happenings. You should check it out!

Also, yes. I couldn't imagine doing this without drawing it out first; I'd spend so much time on the vectors that I'd forget all my ideas before I put them down. 

(Hopefully this will be remedied when i get my Intuos drawing tablet... Only a week or so away now!)

"Why can't a mask be the face of reason?"

~Area 11, Knightmare/Frame