tomn

How to evenly distribute vertically two objects inside a layer on a background?

How to evenly distribute vertically two objects inside a rectangle object bounds?

I would like to distribute the icon and the text evenly inside the greenish background rectangle. How to do it using the Arrange button options on the toolbar? Is there some specific order in which I should position the layers?

I've tried to select the layers in different ways, and different distribution options using the AD help file but I was unable to get a quick automatic result so far.

Screen_Shot_2017_02_01_at_11_27_00.png

Cheers

As a temporary workaround you can add 2 rectangles to the outside of your green rectangle (shown in red in my diagram) then select everything except the green rectangle and "Space Vertically".

PS The red rectangles do not need to be the same height, just make sure they touch the outsides of your green rectangle.

post-17958-0-29366400-1485950333_thumb.jpg

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

As a temporary workaround you can add 2 rectangles to the outside of your green rectangle (shown in red in my diagram) then select everything except the green rectangle and "Space Vertically".

PS The red rectangles do not need to be the same height, just make sure they touch the outsides of your green rectangle.

Incredibly creative, inventive and devious mind you have! :D

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Very clever indeed, but do not forget to vectorize the text (as shown in the example) so that the distribution is truly equal. Or play with the height of the baseline of the text so that it is centered in its frame.