You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when editing embedded files

I'm working with a relatively large (1.5 GB) file with multiple art boards and embedded PDF's.  AD crashes every time I try to edit one of the embedded files.  I've previously tried resetting all AD settings at startup, and just downloaded Beta 1.5 in the hopes that it would fix the problem, but it still happens every time I either hit 'edit document' or double click the embedded doc.  I'm currently getting around this by reinserting all the documents I originally embedded as layers, but it's very time consuming.  Any help or tips would be appreciated - thanks!

Hi Chris!  I went ahead and uploaded the file.  Thanks for taking a look.   I'm a sleep deprived landscape architecture student and AD has been essential in helping me make some awesome diagrams for the last couple of years, but this crashing behavior has has been driving me nuts :)

Hi mmart050

I've take a look at the file, and whilst it can be a little slow due to the size I;m not getting an crashes when trying to edit an embedded document. Are you ale to provide your system specs at all and any crash reports you may produce. It may help recreate the issue

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• 7 months later...
On 01/02/2017 at 2:01 PM, Chris_K said:

Hi mmart050

Welcome to the forums

Would you be able to upload the file you are having issue with to this link so we can take a look and investigate what might be happening

Cheers

Hi there! I have a similar issue. I've reported it here: 

I'm willing to send the file for you to review, if it's necessary. Thanks in advance!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.