You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've hit a problem trying to transfer a book cover project created in another design app to Affinity. I've been able to copy across all the styles for the cover text without any problem, except for one critical thing – the spine text, which has to be vertical, by which I mean the entire line of text is rotated 90 degrees, not the individual characters. (Something that's very easy to do in Graphic, which is where this project started its life.) I've searched the forum, the help file, and the Workbook, and no joy: am I missing something obvious? I'm hoping this is a case of me being daft rather than that the option isn't available.

This is the first time I've used Affinity and I've found it very intuitive, so I'm worried  from some of the posts I've read that the vertical text option doesn't exist, in which case I've bought the wrong app for the company's needs...

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. Vertical text is obviously a deal breaker in designing covers.

(Caveat – I'm not a graphics designer, I'm just trying to rescue a project in an emergency.)

Thank you! That worked a treat. The sound you can hear is me banging my head on the desk. I'm glad it's me being thick rather than a missing function.

I was trying other tools and all I was doing was distorting the text. I completely missed the simpler solution. That'll teach me to try to do clever stuff at 3:00 in the morning...

Thanks again.

KT