Sign in to follow this  
christian_mit_ch

[By Design] aspect ratio is not working

Hello,

I have a problem with the aspect ratio, if I´m drawing a ellipse or a square. In the optionfield "transform" if i set the aspect ratio to locked and i resize the object with the mouse, it doesn´t matter if i set it locked or not. It´s only working if I´m pushing the shift button. Only if I´m setting the value manual, it´s locking it. I don´t know if this is wished or bug, it just confuses me a bit.

Cheers,

christian

post-50659-0-12729800-1485856456_thumb.png

Hi christian,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The lock icon in the Transform panel only applies to the input fields in that panel. To resize with a mouse on canvas press and hold ⇧ (shift) and drag one of the bounding box handles of the object. Note that by default Affinity Designer/Photo will keep the proportions of objects with an intrinsic aspect ratio like images and text without the need to press ⇧ (shift). You can however change this behaviour in the Affinity Designer ▸ Preferences, Tools section and select the behaviour you want from the Move Tool Aspect Constrain drop down:

• The Automatic option will constrain the resize depending on the type of object selected. For objects with an intrinsic aspect ratio (like images or text frames) the proportion will be kept when you resize them. For the others, it will not (you must press ⇧ (shift) to keep their proportions as explained above.
  • Constrain by default will resize objects proportionally no matter what's their type.  You will have to press ⇧ (shift) to override the constrain.
  • Do no constrain by default will not constrain by default and will force you to press ⇧ (shift) to resize all objects proportionally independently of their type.