You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change default grid settings

Hi everyone, 

In 99% of my work I use a 10px grid. I'd really like to set this as the default grid. Instead I have to set it in every new document and every new artboard.

Thanks in advance  ;)  ;)

PS: Also it would be awesome to always open the document color palette when opening a file that has one.

• 1 year later...

Yes please and agreed. Having a huge problem with grids myself. Having to reset every single new document is a real headache. If anyone knows how to make the grid stay BEHIND all my objects and always ON in the background I would really love to know. Im stumped and I know its my fault. But I can't figure it out because affinity is so different than everything else. Not to mention often uses unfamiliar terms. Want to love this program but having a hard time switching over to it.

• 2 years later...

I am driven crazy by this too. I do a very repetitive job for a client that involves lining up two parallel items.

I have made a custom 512 pixel grid for my 2048 pixel window. Great

EXCEPT

Each new window I need to select the custom grid or I get the automatic one.

Am I missing something or do the coders not think we ever do repetitive work?