Sign in to follow this  

Ok this is starting to drive me nuts. I've been using Affinity Designer for at least 6 months for various small non-professional projects and it's been fantastic. I'm trying to create a drawing of the side panel of a bar-top arcade game I'm building which I'll print out and use as a cutting template. I've drawn two shapes and want to join/ add them.

post-50624-0-36805000-1485818276_thumb.png

The two shapes have given every indication of having snapped together, but every time I select them using the move tool and hitting the add button it groups the two shapes/ curves rather than adding them and losing the line between them leaving just the outline. I've used add to create the top shape, but these two won't add together.

Ultimately I could live with this, but I really want to put a radius corner on the bottom right corner of the top shape where it connects to the bottom. Can anyone explain where I might be going wrong?

I'm using v 1.5.2 on a Mac (10.12.3) in the draw persona.

Hi FenTigger,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is due to a known bug in the program (already logged). To work around this, add a point to the bottom line of the top shape, then drag it over the shape on bottom so they intersect each other, then perform and add boolean operation. I t should work as you'd expect.