You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta crashes immediately when slecting pen-tool

Current Beta (1.5.1.54) as well as the one before crashes immediately as soon as I select the pen-tool.
Code: 0x80004002

And it is not possible to simply close the crash reporter. You have to click "OK", even if you don't want to send a crash report. Very annoying.

• Staff

Hey maxen, 

This is a known issue. I recommend that you remove an xml file which will retain all your user customizations and brushes. To do this:

Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings and delete the Commands.xml file. The Pen Tool will then function correctly and will not crash the app. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• 1 month later...

Hey maxen, 

This is a known issue. I recommend that you remove an xml file which will retain all your user customizations and brushes. To do this:

Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings and delete the Commands.xml file. The Pen Tool will then function correctly and will not crash the app. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I got the same problem; I am surprised that Serif Co. do not take the proper steps to solve the problem; this is not a simple ussue.

I have removed the Command.xml file and now it works.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.