You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i switched from Serif Photo Plus 7 to Affinity , but I would never think i will miss photoplus .

My problem is exporting jpeg and png .

I spend hrs in Affinity to create banners for my websites, but it really makes me mad  when exported work is much darker than expected.

Will this be fixed by affinity , or we will have constant problem .

My last small banner is so dark it is really hard to see shadow of the text , it was exported in png also but problem is still the same ,

Please anyone to explain what is going on , right now photoplus will shut down after few hr because is not excepting reg number so I can't even use it anymore , which is not right since I paid for the softwares and downloads .

I need help how to resolve this exporting issue so it will show thru colors

Thanks Eva

This attached small banner is much much darker than how it looks in affinity workplace

post-45131-0-69712100-1485741635_thumb.png

Ok is not really working for me , lets go back to the very first banner in my first post , the background is actually blue , but after export it looks almost black .

I would like to share my document but how I do that , it would be with the first banner ,

I did save it as affinity file , is with the affinity icon , how do I send it so you guys can see what's wrong ?

Thanks Eva

Ok is not really working for me , lets go back to the very first banner in my first post , the background is actually blue , but after export it looks almost black .

I would like to share my document but how I do that , it would be with the first banner ,

I did save it as affinity file , is with the affinity icon , how do I send it so you guys can see what's wrong ?

Thanks Eva

You can zip it and attach it here if is not too big.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

On original photo you can see edge of a circle on the left side , after export you can't .

I'm using a calibrated monitor.

And this is how it looks on a black canvas on my screen where I do see the circumference of the circle on the left side

post-48962-0-00666000-1485771659_thumb.jpg

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

HVDB your picture looks little bit lighter , I have also noticed the moment those attachments are clicked to open they are lighter than the one just embedded on the page .

But as for the other banner I posted above in my second post , lighter banner was saved from affinity by using  snipping  tool to cut it out, and also exactly how it looked before exporting .

Second banner is much darker , after it was exported and placed on my sidebar .

I am attaching them again to compare, I think there are some changes made while exporting darker pictures

Thanks Eva

post-45131-0-80504100-1485772640_thumb.jpg

post-45131-0-99277200-1485772654_thumb.jpg

Right. I'm thinking that the issue with the Smart Gadgets image has everything to do with the contrast to the background.

Viewed on a white background that "halo" is going to get lost. On a darker background (like the default in AP) it'll be more visible. Without doing a thing to the image...in AP....just change the background from white to black. You'll see what's happening.

Same exact image...... just different background.

post-12544-0-39784800-1485830441_thumb.png

The Backup Camera images in posts #2 & 13 do, however, seem to be a different issue. Can we see that file?

JimmyJack  I didn't save the file for backup camera banner , I was tired trying to figure out why the saved banner is so dark, so I simply used snapping tool and just cut out the banner straight from the affinity workshop which than displayed correctly

Thanks Eva

Evat, what app(s) are you using to view the exported files? If it is a web browser, are you aware that some will ignore an embedded color profile while others will use it (if installed on the system), so there is no way to guarantee the colors will be seen as the same for everyone.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7