Sign in to follow this  
relrobber

Affinity Photo 1.5.1 crashes on Windows 10

Since upgrading to the most recent Windows release of AP, the application will close out on it's own. There is no error message or event log associated with it. The window just minimizes and disappears. It has happened in the Develop & Photo personas, and it is not connected with anything that I do in the program. It even happened after loading a file and not touching anything.  I never had this issue on the previous release, and if I hadn't already deleted the setup file, I would roll back to it.

Hi relrobber

Welcome to the forums

Are you able to outline any of the processes you were performing ? Also can you provide any specs for your machine?

With the crash after opening the file, does it crash every time with this file? If so are you able to provide the file so we can look into this?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

It is not related to any specific file or action. Sometimes it happened within a few seconds of opening the program. Sometimes it happened after 5 or 10 minutes of editing. Sometimes it happened after I opened the program then walked into the other room for a few minutes without touching anything else on the computer. Just like this post:  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/34939-software-disappear-suddenly-form-the-screen/ the window just disappears from the screen with no error sound or message, and no event log entry in Windows.

My computer is an HP desktop with a Core i7-6700T processor, 12GB RAM running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Edit:  I do tend to open the program by dragging a file to the desktop shortcut.

Thanks for the reply, harrym.  The bulk of that thread is not pertinent to my problem, but I will try selecting WARP for rendering to see if it affects the issue on my system.