You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Confused with Printing / Document Sizes

Hi,

I suspect it is me but I am confused over printing.  I'm trying out the AD and have opened a EPS logo image of mine (this was done in, I presume, AI originally).  It creates a document that is 199pxx220px and 96 dpi

When I print the document to the Canon iR C2380 it prints it beatifully but at a full A4 image.  I amazed at the quilty but puzzled because the original work is at 96dpi.  My main question is - why does it not print at corrct size?

I have created from scratch a 34x43mm advert (300dpi) which also printed as if sized fro full A4.  

There doesn't seem to be anywhere where I choose A4 (as it could be to A3 on this printer).  In other vector apps I've used the artwork normally prints at the size of the image, not the paper it goes on.

I can get around this by creating an A4 document and having my image created within this but it doesn't seem like the best way to go.  Surely the doc size should be the artwork size?

Masny thanks for any help,

Francis.

• Staff

What printer options do you have? Is there one selected which is attempting to scale to fit? I have a section in my printer driver where I can choose the destination paper type and it defaults to the one closest to the current document's size.

Update: I reinstalled the driver but used the Post Script one instead of the Canon UFR one. It now appears to be printing at, presumably, a normal size.

However it prints in the bottom left corner of the A4 page and placed up against the page and therefore is trimmed as the printer doesn't print without margins. Is there anyway to get it to print in the centre of the page (as iDraw, Ai and others do)?

Re zoom setting: there is that option but it isn't on. In fact I don't think it is shown within the AD print window.

The other thing I noticed is that when I create a document the "Get Margins from Printer" doesn't do anything. I was expecting it to pull it from a printer.

Thanks for reply MattP