kitbshive

Blue screen crashes in photo

Hello,

I have Affinity Photo 1.5.1 on Windows 10, and it keeps crashing my whole computer. This has happened when using the brush to paint a mask, and when using the depth of field blur tool. I can tell that it's lagging as I'm painting or changing settings, then it freezes and I get the windows BSOD.

Does this happen to anybody else?

AP 1.5.1

windows 10

i7-6700k

64 GB RAM

What does the BSOD say ? Did you stress test your system after building it ?

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

":( your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"

I guess I haven't specifically stress tested my computer, but I've run plenty of stressful programs, and affinity is the only one doing this...

Or BlueScreenView. You need to have minidumps enabled for those to work. Any overclocking ? What GPU do you use ?

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

Hey kitbshive, sorry to hear this.

As the other guys have said, we need the exact error code from the blue screen. If you are rebooting before you get chance to take note of everything, you can turn off automatic reboot by going to System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Startup and Recover Settings > System failure > Automatically restart. If you disable that, it should give you all the time you need.

Same here, still running Win 7 64-bit, it's happened twice now when starting Affinity. No error codes as I had other stuff to do but I'll try to note them from now on.

You don't need to write them, just make sure you have mini dumps enabled in recovery settings. This is how if you are not sure. Good luck.