You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving from Lightroom - photo manager to use with Affinity Mac?

• 2 weeks later...

If you still have a version of Lightroom, you could still use that for DAM (Digital Access Management) for your photos. A problem might be if the version is older than the model of your camera(s) then it won't be able to build previews.

Another limitation with Lightroom

If you still have a version of Lightroom, you could still use that for DAM (Digital Access Management) for your photos. A problem might be if the version is older than the model of your camera(s) then it won't be able to build previews.

Played around this a bit more: Lightroom will only send a raw file to Photoshop or Elements. The best it will do for non-adobe products such as Affinity Photo is to convert and send a file with the following choices:

File format: TIFF, PSD, JPEG

Colour space: ProPhoto RGB, AdobeRGB (1998), Display P3, sRGB

Bit depth: 8, 16 - JPEG is limited to 8 bit

With TIFF there is a choice of compression if desired.

So using a Lightroom/ Affinity Photo workflow, you would be doing RAW edits in Lightroom. I don't planned to renew my subscription when it ends in April, so hope Affinity has a DAM product by then.

What ? When I bought the software I asked before, here in the forum, if Serif would make a library, and then admin told me that in next update they make it possibile...

and now someone tell in a couple of years...it's not correct I only bought this for library/raw files and I have only raw....not correct

There's been a couple of posts about using ACDsee Pro 10 as a DAM.  I've just tried it but a drawback is that it does not appear to multitask. Possibly I have not set it up right although I cannot see any performance settings. For example, if I add a number of new images to its catalogue and have it build a preview, it will not allow me to do anything else (viewing, editing) until it has finished. Perhaps Lightroom has spoilt me with its ability to carry out one or several more tasks in the background while letting the user carry on viewing, editing or doing further cataloguing.