Mark Stoutjesdijk

Affinity Designer frequently hangs

Hi,

Affinity Designer is a joy to work with, but I find that it recently hangs very often (force quit required). There does not seem to be a particular action that gets me into trouble, so I would like to send a log to the Affinity team. How could I do this?

In the mean time, I am very curious if this is happening to other people as well.

Cheers

Mark

-- 
Mark Stoutjesdijk

CLKZ-logo-OB-32.png.98fafb7f7564b4dc900254fd73f18402.png CARELINKZ Healthcare Analytics 

To Affinity Team, please before you move your focus onto another product, polish the features in the existing one. Don't go the way of shipping fast but bugged products. I love AD, but it hangs lately very often to the point where it is frustrating to work with artboards and symbols.

Hi TonyB, sure, I get it. This is just general comment. I started working with symbols and the app crashed today on me several times. That's why I wrote this general comment out of some bit of frustration. Thanks for hunting and fixing the bugs. I've posted more detailed bug reports in different topics.

If you can find a recipe to make it hang then we can fix it. The problem with "It hangs" is we just don't have enough information to go on.

Hi Tony, 

I have been unable to consistently crash it as a result of particular actions. That is why I would like to send you a crash report, so that perhaps it will help you see what's going on during (and just before) the crash.

-- 
Mark Stoutjesdijk

CLKZ-logo-OB-32.png.98fafb7f7564b4dc900254fd73f18402.png CARELINKZ Healthcare Analytics 

Hi Carelinkz

I too have sometimes problems in replicating the bugs, or I just don't have time to be a beta tester and create topics every-time a crash occurs ;) I do however believe Affinity team works their best.

If you're on a Mac, when the crash occurs and the crash log view appears, press the button Send to Apple. The dev's should have access to it from the Apple developers portal or Xcode I guess.

The second way that comes to my mind is to copy paste the crash log to a plain text file, start a new topic on the forum, attach the logs and post them.

Check this topic too https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35317-how-to-report-crashes/?p=173440.

Cheers