You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been using various versions of PhotoPlus for quite a few years, and have recently started using Affinity Photo for Windows. I love it, but there are a couple of minor irks.

Most importantly, I've invested a lot of time and effort in creating .spp files in PhotoPlus. Is there a way of opening these in Affinity? If not currently, is that something that can be added fairly soon?

Secondly, I have been using Serif PhotoStack for quite a while too, but it doesn't see .afphoto files. I see in other posts that there is an Affinity DAM on the way, but can PhotoStack be tweaked in the meantime?

• Staff

Hi BrianWalsh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, PhotoPlus/DrawPlus native files are a legacy format and won’t be supported directly in Affinity products. There's no feature parity between Affinity and Serif Plus line of products neither they share any code so there's no way to translate all functionality/format specs between them. You have to export you work in a generic format like Tiff, PDF, SVG or PSD and import it in Affinity.

Regarding Serif PhotoStack please check my reply here.