You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Opacity to Colour Chooser tool

When you set an Opacity value in the Colour panel it proceeds to act on subsequently created objects. When you change the color using the Colours tool icon, that opacity value is still preserved. I.e., as far as I can tell, both the Colours panel and the Colours tool operate the same except the icon access doesn't show opacity control.

The tool version offers more options for color tweaking, in a particular configuration, than the panel version. It would be nice to have the opacity controls there as well.

No. If you enable  the customize-the-tools mode (in View menu?) and select the two column option, bottom left, the Colours tool will appear at the bottom of the tool list after you've closed the customize mode. I'm calling it the Colours tool but I've really seen no mention of it in any documentation. I saw it in a tutorial (a good one) by Jobalou:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/2051-another-tutorial-learning-3-types-of-shading/

Hmm, that's interesting I don't seem to have that option. I see what you mean by that video link. It's basically the colour picker from the colour panel and swatches panel but for some reason I don't have it.

Ah ha ... you need to be in "separated" mode to see it.