You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Second crack. Less raster this time.

Daemonchile

• 2 weeks later...

Hi daemonchile, welcome to AD forums.

Is this part of a larger collection? Maybe something called Dinosaur ballet? The problem with dinosaurs is that little girls aren't really   fussed about T-rex or triceratops. This is very reminiscent of dream sequence from Angelina Ballerina and Barney the purple dinosaur. I can see the Purple one, seated in a tux, in the stalls, applauding something from a classical tale. This would work for someone like Jim Hensom and Kermit's theatre crew. So it should work for you. 

Regarding your lack of visitors: i can't vouch for other people...but if you visit as many posts as you can and jump into anywhere you like, then surely the footfall will arrive.  :)

Have faith in the forum and AD will blossom along with your artwork.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• Staff

Really don't know how I missed this first time? Sorry :(  That looks utterly bonkers - but also really fun! I have no idea what's going on in your mind, hehe! The butterfly wings turned out extremely well and I really do like the comic book strong outlines of the character and bold fills, together with those nice areas of shading on the face and tale - nice work! :)

• Staff

Hi Daemonchile,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

I'm sorry if I missed your post too.   

There's times where the forum gets really busy with new posts and inevitably one or two goes out of radar.

It isn't intentional. Glad you brought it to the top with your second reply.

I agree with Matt; the wings are really well done. I also like the how you worked out the ballet dress (don't know the correct name in English) that isn't easy to get right because of the profusion of transparencies.

Great to know you're enjoying Affinity  ^_^

Hi Daemonchile,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

I'm sorry if I missed your post too.   

There's times where the forum gets really busy with new posts and inevitably one or two goes out of radar.

It isn't intentional. Glad you brought it to the top with your second reply.

I agree with Matt; the wings are really well done. I also like the how you worked out the ballet dress (don't know the correct name in English) that isn't easy to get right because of the profusion of transparencies.

Great to know you're enjoying Affinity  ^_^

Tutu: a ballerina's dress...

0561.jpg

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Daemonchile

Keep posting. No one meant not respond. Your work looks good. I am not sure if I missed it but I must say it is so original and weird  I don't even know what i can say besides it is a well executed piece of bizarre( in a good way) art.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for getting whiney! But I was really impressed how easy (with a lot of time!) it was to get something I had only in my mind (ballerina fairy dinosaur!) onto the screen with AD. Plus I was surprised there weren't many responses because I thought if something was going to get a response it was this!!!

I have not used AI before but I have looked at it during a trial but I didn't really get on with it because you need to know so much before you can do anything. With AD you can just get stuck in!

Cheers for replying. 

Look at that you posted in November and now replied in January. lol Apology accepted. There is much to be excited about but the community growing  and things get missed but if you want responses anywhere you have to show a bit more involvement. through sharing, commenting and helping others. that what community is all about. Welcome back Dameon.

So, what else have you been working on?