You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize multiple artboards at the same time

I have two questions about resizing: 

1. Today i had a document with 70 artboards (all the same size), because i had the wrong dimensions for the printer i had to resize all.

Now i had to do it by hand but maybe there is an easier option?

2. Is there a way where i can specify the desired measurements instead of doing this by hand (70 times ;).
A mistake is easily made this way.

Hi edesigned,

and welcome here!  :)

Hmm, that’s a good question. Of course, you could align your artboards in a convenient way, select all, (do the math), and perform the appropriate proportional resize on the (temporary) artboard group by using the Transform panel. Unfortunately, there is no option of resizing grouped items individually yet …  :(

Any other ideas?  :unsure:

Alex

Crude & ugly, but you could select all the artboards in the Layer panel, use Arrange to stack them on top of each other (like with align top & align left) & change their size in the Transform panel like A_B_C suggested (but without the need to do any math), & then use Arrange again to distribute them without the Auto distribute option in either the vertical or horizontal direction to some convenient spacing.

That would give you a single row or column of 70 accurately resized artboards. You could then select some of them & move them to more convenient positions in the workspace if necessary.

What doing this does to the contents of each artboard could be a problem, like if you need to reduce the artboard size & that pushes something partially off the artboard. I played around a bit with the "Lock Children" option on & off for the resize & separately for the distribute but it gets tricky figuring out the best sequence & choices depending on the final size, the contents, etc. Like they say in some textbooks, I leave that as an exercise for the reader to perform.  :P

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi A_B_C and R C-R, thank you for your quick responses! And a big shame on me for only reading them now  :unsure:

I'm going to try the suggested. The transform panel i missed it totally... that would have helped me a lot already. So weird, i somehow totally overlooked it. All the 70 pages i did by hand.

• The option of aligning all the artboards in the center
  • then adjusting the artboard size
  • and then 'separating' them again works as well.

So for now i think that will be the solution  :blink:

Now i read that Affinity Publisher will release this year, so that might be the answer for bigger brochures and booklets having all pages resized at the same time. 

Now i read that Affinity Publisher will release this year, so that might be the answer for bigger brochures and booklets having all pages resized at the same time. 

That is sadly not they truth anymore. The new date is "hopefully 2018" or as I read it after years of pushing it back "never".

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity

• 4 years later...

So I'm designing planner printables and need to resize multiple artboards eg, from A4 to A5 etc. Tried selecting the artboards, unchecked ' lock children' and put in the required dimensions in the transform panel. But they all seem to weirdly stack up...

Tried the tip RC-R provided,selected all the artboards, stacked them using the align tool, then resized using the transform panel... that worked, Thank you, oddly enough they wont automatically redistribute..

There's been multiple updates since. Please tell me there's an easier way to resize multiple artboards

10 hours ago, Zaa said:

There's been multiple updates since. Please tell me there's an easier way to resize multiple artboards

1. Select two or more artboards
  2. With the Move Tool selected, on the Context Toolbar enable the Transform Objects Separately option
  3. Resize the artboard with the bounding box in the usual ways, like by dragging its control handles on the canvas or with the Transform panel.

The other selected artboard(s) should be transformed along with the one you transform.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7