You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.6 Beta – when?

Everyone go away. This topic should be closed. Scram everyone! Nothing useful is being posted here! lol Like my post that you're reading now. How much art could we already have done with all this time being wasted on here reading posts that have no value at all unless you are a procrastinator like me and therefore, you've just wasted 1 minute of your life to me. See what I mean? Moderators please close this topic NOW!

Everyone go away. This topic should be closed. Scram everyone! Nothing useful is being posted here! lol Like my post that you're reading now. How much art could we already have done with all this time being wasted on here reading posts that have no value at all unless you are a procrastinator like me and therefore, you've just wasted 1 minute of your life to me. See what I mean? Moderators please close this topic NOW!

Well, Eduardo, you earned yourself a "like" from me, so posting here wasn't a complete waste of your time! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ahahahaha, I understand the reason why you ask that... but it is not everybody that ask for the when (even if it is the title of the thread). Personally I don't care the wait they work very hard, for amazing tool. But my questions was more to confirm some few things about the features they said will come with the 1.6 version. And I asked those question without any rush or stress just curiosity.

So no don't close it hehehe. But maybe we should stop asking the when...

Ok then. I promise to stop asking “when” will it be released.

I do have a question however, what is the release date? :D

The release date is the date of its release, of course! ^_^

Alfred spacer.png

The release date is the date of its release, of course! ^_^

Wasn’t that some sort of fallacy?

Ok, let me put it in a language that the devs will understand. :D

#quickRelease.h

release = false ;

releaseFaster = 0 ;

releaseDate_ETA = math.random() ;

workHarder = 0 ;

while ( release != true ) {

workHarder += 1 ;

releaseFaster += 1 ;

releaseDate = math.random() + 1 ;

if releaseDate == releaseDate_ETA

release = true ;

println (releaseDate) ;

} ;

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Hi 00Ghz,

I think you could speed-up your algorithm and therefore the release date by getting rid of 2 unused variables in your code: workHarder, releaseFaster.  ;)

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Hi 00Ghz,

I think you could speed-up your algorithm and therefore the release date by getting rid of 2 unused variables in your code: workHarder, releaseFaster.  ;)

You are only partially correct. Removing those 2 variables will indeed speed up the execution but will not impact the release date since they do not contribute to the formula ;)

However those 2 variables do have an importance in real life. They relate to the fact that neither working harder or releasing faster, will result in more productivity or a better product (after a certain point).

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

You are only partially correct. Removing those 2 variables will indeed speed up the execution but will not impact the release date since they do not contribute to the formula ;)

Just to expand on the above, the variable releaseDate_ETA is initialized to the value math.random(), and in the while loop the variable releaseDate is set to math.random() + 1, so the actual release date is always going to be greater than the ETA and therefore the condition if releaseDate == releaseDate_ETA will never be satisfied.

Alfred spacer.png

Just to expand on the above, the variable releaseDate_ETA is initialized to the value math.random(), and in the while loop the variable releaseDate is set to math.random() + 1, so the actual release date is always going to be greater than the ETA and therefore the condition if releaseDate == releaseDate_ETA will never be satisfied.

But as far as I am aware math.random() generates a random value for every call of said function. As such it is possible for math.random() result to be equal to same function: result + 1 but from a different call. Extremely unlikely for them to match? Absolutely... but not impossible. 

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

What have you all been smoking???  :ph34r:

No smoking here good sir!!!!

We are experiencing the first symptoms of a contagious and dangerous condition called “New Release Withdrawal Syndrome”.

Stage 1: Involves OCD about asking of a release date. The addiction must be fed of course.

Stage 2: The patients start talking about code and various algorithms in order to draw attention of the ones who feed them with the “good stuff”. The AD forum slowly transforms into StackExchange. 

Stage 3: This stage is filled with schizophrenic dreams about new features, psychopathy and social reclusion, while at the same time being consumed by keyboard finger convulsions of writing posts, and other SJW behaviour.

The final part involves the patient developing resistance to this condition by writing their own design software with a release schedule of Friday, every week. As such the flow of spice is reestablished and things go back to normal.

Cheers ;)

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

But as far as I am aware math.random() generates a random value for every call of said function. As such it is possible for math.random() result to be equal to same function: result + 1 but from a different call. Extremely unlikely for them to match? Absolutely... but not impossible. 

I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly!) that math.random() generates a value greater than or equal to 0 but strictly less than 1, in which case math.random() + 1 would always be greater.

Alfred spacer.png

What have you all been smoking???  :ph34r:

I'm with you, MEB. I think the matrix is starting to take effect resulting the brain to die down.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Correct! We will soon be dry and asking when again and again :-) (Perhaps not until the next Easter)

I hope you aren't suggesting that we'll still be waiting for version 1.6 next Easter! :o

BTW, Easter 2018 coincides with April Fools' Day. book.gif

Alfred spacer.png

Ok, let me put it in a language that the devs will understand. :D

#quickRelease.h

release = false ;

releaseFaster = 0 ;

releaseDate_ETA = math.random() ;

workHarder = 0 ;

LOL what's that, crappy pseudo code?  :D 

BTW ".h" would indicate a C/C++/ObjC header file, but I see generally no type declarations for vars, further ...

• math.random() is more Java/JS based, for C/C++ use rand()/srand() instead
  • your if clause is pretty wrong, first missing the "if ( expression )" round brackets
  • next due to the indentation I would guess intended was more a block here ...

if (releaseDate == releaseDate_ETA) {
             release = true ;
             println (releaseDate) ;
    }
    ...and not...

if (releaseDate == releaseDate_ETA)
             release = true ;
    println (releaseDate) ;
    ...since the later always prints a release date for the while loop.

• "println" is here again more Java/JS style, for C/C++ use "printf"
  • ... and so on ...

Well let's hope you are not intended to get a programmer, since then... ;)

for (;;)
{
   releaseDate_ETA++;
}

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

LOL what's that, crappy pseudo code?  :D

Exactly!!! How did you guess? :D

The only thing I know to code to some extent is coffeescript in FramerJS. Trying to play with SVG animations at the moment.

Everything else is random stuff mixed from different languages, with some bits of C++ that I remember from high school. 

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

Exactly!!! How did you guess? :D

The only thing I know to code to some extent is coffeescript in FramerJS. Trying to play with SVG animations at the moment.

Everything else is random stuff mixed from different languages, with some bits of C++ that I remember from high school. 

Ah Ok now I see where the JS code relation comes from!  :D

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.