You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.6 Beta – when?

Awesome news MEB! That stabilizer solution has been a requested feature for illustrator and photoshop for years...

I assume when it says coming to Affinity 1.6 it means both Designer and Photo?

pretty exited about Photo because the roadmap does not contain much stuff anymore

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31440-feedback-ap-is-a-good-software/?p=152399

so really looking forward to what the devs now do about smaller things  :D

btw the iPad version probably got pushed back a bit (as I understand the phrase)

https://twitter.com/Affinitybyserif/status/825422443867172865

for this was all not about AD but AP, nevertheless V1.6  <_<  :wub:

cheers

Adjustable UI color is nice to have, but brush stabilization is awesome.

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

Well, I can imagine they are tying up a lot of loose ends at the moment. Version 1.6 should be just perfect, and there are quite a few long-standing issues (Boolean Operations, Expand Stroke, …) that need resolving. So I would guess they are just trying hard to get things done …  ;)

Is it me or the devs got a lot less responsive and a lot more secretive than 1.5 years ago?

Right on, and I can't wait to see more. That brush stabilization was such a huge surprise for me. So far, I am loving both sneak peeks. And because I'm an Affinity nerd, I keep watching those two videos over. Now I'm just hoping on an eraser tool now that free drawing got so much easier, but I can do without.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I too think the brush stabilization is going to be great and I too think that a vector eraser would go perfectly with it but I'm hoping the most for a "hide/show all" command and shortcut! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of cool and interesting things the Affinity team has packed into 1.6!

but I'm hoping the most for a "hide/show all" command and shortcut!

I recently discovered that if you select a layer while pressing Alt, only that layer will show until you edit it or select a new one.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

bleduc,

Thanks for the tip. I was aware of and I've tried out the "isolation" mode (not sure what its official name is) and while that is useful in some situations, it isn't as useful nor as versatile (at least in my opinion) as a "Hide/Show all" that would allow the user to hide objects or grouped objects and show them with a keystroke. It is something that I have been hoping for (and requesting) since I first used Affinity Designer. As it is now, there is no way to simply hide objects (whether single objects or groups of objects). The only way to do it now is to select them and then go to the Layers panel and find them and turn off the visibility. You can use the "find in layers" but that only works for turning off the visibility and it is much slower and less efficient than a simple "Hide" command. There is currently no way to turn on or show items that were hidden without spending lots of time going through the Layers Panel. A "show all" command would remedy this. The way it works in Designer now is nice for somethings but if you have many different items (like you normally do with complex drawings) they are often on different layers and so isolating them by layer isn't always ideal but if you could hide objects, even if they are different layers it wouldn't matter. I know for many people this kind of feature isn't important but for people who work on very complex, multi-layered files, it is a huge time saver. 

Hokusai 

Hi, I'm wondering if, according to the roadmap, further new features will be added or if the Ui and stabilization improvement are all.  :)

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

bleduc,

Thanks for the tip. I was aware of and I've tried out the "isolation" mode (not sure what its official name is) and while that is useful in some situations, it isn't as useful nor as versatile (at least in my opinion) as a "Hide/Show all" that would allow the user to hide objects or grouped objects and show them with a keystroke. It is something that I have been hoping for (and requesting) since I first used Affinity Designer. As it is now, there is no way to simply hide objects (whether single objects or groups of objects). The only way to do it now is to select them and then go to the Layers panel and find them and turn off the visibility. You can use the "find in layers" but that only works for turning off the visibility and it is much slower and less efficient than a simple "Hide" command. There is currently no way to turn on or show items that were hidden without spending lots of time going through the Layers Panel. A "show all" command would remedy this. The way it works in Designer now is nice for somethings but if you have many different items (like you normally do with complex drawings) they are often on different layers and so isolating them by layer isn't always ideal but if you could hide objects, even if they are different layers it wouldn't matter. I know for many people this kind of feature isn't important but for people who work on very complex, multi-layered files, it is a huge time saver. 

Hokusai 

Amen brother! Well said, I agree 100%

bleduc,

Hokusai 

I agree. It would be a nice feature to add another icon next to the "Edit All" icon in the Layers studio. DrawPlus has that feature, so I'm sure Affinity will eventually implement it. I know not all DrawPlus features will be added, but that one seems like an easy and non-buggy addition.

@VIPStephan

I imagine currently in Affinity Headquarters some people might be singing:

99 little bugs in the code.

99 little bugs in the code.

Take one down, patch it around.

127 little bugs in the code...

Hahaha. I'll call the exterminator.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.