You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UX tryout with AD

v_kyr

Had tried AD for some UX Wireframe stuff for a little Android App, though honestly I'm by far no UX Designer.

post-49706-0-89945500-1485387115_thumb.png

Afterwards made a functional prototype out of that, which hopefully came close enough. - Well at least it looked somehow similar in the bloody AndroidStudio Emulator. :D 

post-49706-0-49644800-1485387259_thumb.png

post-49706-0-91450300-1485388409_thumb.jpeg

post-49706-0-29879900-1485388432_thumb.jpeg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good start, the wireframes of the Android app are good, the iOS ones not so much.

You should start designing apps by following the Google Design manual and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines instead of going for custom UIs.

Their official guidelines provide you the correct fonts, spacing, dimensions, colors and when or how to use each kind of control. The guidelines also dictate the best user experience for each kind of app so that the users don't have to learn how to use and navigate your app.

Once you understand these basic rules well enough you can start customizing the UI, but not too much, otherwise the user experience might be faulty.

Keep studying and you'll be great at it in no time.

Thanks for the good advice, have to see if there is maybe some future project where I can get my feet more wet with these things!

For the above shown samples things had sadly to look very conform to an existing online system and also to support some pretty old out of date  Android smartphone versions too, thus using certain UI element stuff was much restricted and looks more plain old fashioned in contrast to actual UI guidelines. Also it's somehow harder if you don't have a real device to look at and play around with to get an idea about it, I for my case so far had just the Emulator in order to get an overview.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2