You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo pdf manual for your enjoyment.

ve2cjw

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the work that you put in to this pdf, ve2cjw! I am new to Affinity Design on the desktop. I've had the iPad version of Affinity Photo and Affinity Design for a good while, but have yet to learn how to use them. Anyway, I headed straight to the forums, I always learn more on those than anywhere else. All the best!

Pinks Art

Edited by Pinks Art
Correct sentence structure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 4:03 PM, ve2cjw said:

I have produced a pdf version of the Affinity Photo manual that you can read without starting the program. It can be interesting to put it on your phone or tablet to read when you have some time to spare. Since the file is too big to upload here, I have put it on Dropbox for you to download. It is current for the last version of Affinity Photo. Comments welcomed. Here is the link:

https://dropbox.com/s/d3uxmmypdx9ruzw/Affinity%20Photo%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

Nice. Can you do the same for the iPad version I wonder.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

29 minutes ago, richard gold said:

I cannot even read the manual when I go to your Dropbox link. The manual shows up but I cannot move the pages or open up the information.

Anything to suggest?

Are you trying to read it in Dropbox, via the preview? Or trying to download it? You should get a Download link, but it may depend on your browser. After a couple of minutes, for example, I see this in the sidebar:

image.png.27202cbdd6f1f973b378918d490d80d3.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, richard gold said:

Is there any way to browse and read the PDF without actually downloading this monster?

I can read it just fine in the preview provided by Dropbox, in Firefox, Richard.

After it finishes loading, I have a screen like the following, with a standard scroll bar on the right, and a control box at the bottom:

image.png.c849cd2c627a7644536e0270472a7071.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

9 minutes ago, richard gold said:

I will use it as much as I can

You're welcome.

Personally, if I were using it, I would download it and browse locally :)

-- Walt
PC:

Walt,

I am working my way through Simon Foster's "Solid Foundations." Where is this video stored usually because I do not see it in my download folder? I have been minimizing it in between sections but when I am done and want it for future reference I am not sure where to look. Also, I have not seen the 50 page PDF offered anywhere.

Thanks, Richard

5 minutes ago, richard gold said:

I am working my way through Simon Foster's "Solid Foundations." Where is this video stored usually because I do not see it in my download folder? I have been minimizing it in between sections but when I am done and want it for future reference I am not sure where to look.

If that's one of his Udemy courses, the videos are on their server, I think, not on your computer. I don't know if they're downloadable, but if you did download them you would miss out on any updates. To find out if they're downloadable you would need to ask Udemy, or Simon.

6 minutes ago, richard gold said:

Also, I have not seen the 50 page PDF offered anywhere.

Again, that's something you should ask Simon or Udemy, but presumably it's one of the downloadable resources included with that course.

-- Walt
PC:

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

@PDF Room

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

No, Serif are not willing to approve this (out of date) file of the to be distributed away from this Serif forum. Here it comes with the caveat that it is now a 3 1/2 years old conversion of the inbuilt Application Help.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...