You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo pdf manual for your enjoyment.

ve2cjw

• Staff
50 minutes ago, Cai Inp said:

Thanks! Great idea. It also allows to zoom it, which I never can achieve with the online help (same in Logic, Final Cut) There you sit with your 27" screen, reading 9pt fonts, and your eyes go: "are you insane?" ;) so thanks loads! ;)

@Cai Inp

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Have you tried the online help website http://affinity.help

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hey Patrick, thanks loads!

Just did! and its even in German*** ... cool! ;) sänk Yuuu! ;)

*** which leads me to the question how to set the menu-language to english ... cause reading ENGLISH forum post for a GERMAN surface is mad ... I use "app language chooser" for Logic and Final Cut, but it wont work with AFFINITY ... (restarted both, prog and mac)  ... couldnt find it in the prefs ... (maybe tomatoes on eyes)

cheers!

• Staff
On 04/02/2018 at 10:39 PM, Cai Inp said:

Hey Patrick, thanks loads!

Just did! and its even in German*** ... cool! ;) sänk Yuuu! ;)

*** which leads me to the question how to set the menu-language to english ... cause reading ENGLISH forum post for a GERMAN surface is mad ... I use "app language chooser" for Logic and Final Cut, but it wont work with AFFINITY ... (restarted both, prog and mac)  ... couldnt find it in the prefs ... (maybe tomatoes on eyes)

cheers!

You are welcome. 

The app language is changed in preferences where you looked, on the general tab.

If you prefer, these forums are open to posts in any language and we all have to cope, though an additional Google translation is appreciated 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 04/02/2018 at 10:49 PM, Patrick Connor said:

If you prefer, these forums are open to posts in any language and we all have to cope, though a Google translation is appreciated 

I obviously can't speak for others, but I often find it unhelpful when a user posts a machine translation without also posting the text in the original language. Google Translate frequently gets it wrong (sometimes with hilarious results) but if the original text is made available it gives the reader a chance to decode the poor translation.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 hour ago, DELLWOOD33 said:

An excellent piece of work and really helpful for an "old school" member like myself.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums DELLWOOD33

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

I obviously can't speak for others, but I often find it unhelpful when a user posts a machine translation without also posting the text in the original language.... 

Agreed, I have modified my post to say more clearly what I meant. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
6 minutes ago, dozens said:

Another vote for this!

Vote or no vote this is not happening from a customer. The workbook is copyrighted and we would protect it. This customer made thread is a PDF made an old version of the help. The help is already available in an electronic form and kept up to date automatically http://affinity.help/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Vote or no vote this is not happening from a customer. The workbook is copyrighted and we would protect it. This customer made thread is a PDF made an old version of the help. The help is already available in an electronic form and kept up to date automatically http://affinity.help/

Thank you, gotcha. That link is a great resource, however I don't see how to search it?

6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The help is already available in an electronic form and kept up to date automatically http://affinity.help/

The online help works very well. The only problem with it is that it doesn’t include a search facility.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The online help works very well. The only problem with it is that it doesn’t include a search facility.

Not sure if you are telling me this, but.... I know.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

3 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Not sure if you are telling me this, but.... I know.

I’m not sure if you really thought I was telling you that, Patrick! I just felt it would be useful to let other users know what to expect.

Alfred spacer.png

Probably not telling either of you anything but, for the benefit of other readers, using the site option in a Google search can be helpful.

e.g.

In Google search for "vector brushes" site:affinity.help (the quotes find a specific multi-word phrase rather than also searching for the separate words)

or even "vector brushes" site:affinity.help/designer

Leave out the quotation marks if you have only a single search word or don't know the exact phrase e.g. boolean site:affinity.help/photo

1 hour ago, obtusity said:

Probably not telling either of you anything but, for the benefit of other readers, using the site option in a Google search can be helpful.

Yes, that can be helpful, and it also works in other major search engines such as Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage and Yahoo. Make sure you don’t include a space between site: and the domain/folder name.

Alfred spacer.png

Indeed, I've often realized google with  that tag works quite better than a ton of internal site searchers. And even knew this from the time I was in charge of adding to ur servers or pages a custom search box and engine.... Even more, some site do include google custom search, but kind of block some (in some cases for shady reasons) search keywords or modify the engine in a way that is less useful.... Then of course, google ain't unstoppable;  any site can restrict what google can find in its pages, but that tends to be the way of the Dodo for promotion....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

4 hours ago, Thanh Khoi said:

Anybody know how to download the whole website in help page. I've used Teleport Pro but unsuccessful!

See this thread ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25-1-2017 at 5:03 PM, ve2cjw said:

I have produced a pdf version of the Affinity Photo manual that you can read without starting the program. It can be interesting to put it on your phone or tablet to read when you have some time to spare. Since the file is too big to upload here, I have put it on Dropbox for you to download. It is current for the last version of Affinity Photo. Comments welcomed. Here is the link:

https://dropbox.com/s/d3uxmmypdx9ruzw/Affinity%20Photo%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

Phenomenal work! Thank you so much.