You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo pdf manual for your enjoyment.

ve2cjw

Actually, it is too bad that Serif did not do the Help file as a .pdf from the beginning so hopefully they will be thankful that such a task has been done by a faithful user of the product so that other users can have a file that they can use and read from other mediums. Now if you were selling this as it is in its current state, then likely there would be an issue. Personally, I am thankful for all the tutorials, the .pdf and the help from other users of Affinity Photo and as soon as I am more comfortable with the product I will be able to better use it for my limited needs.

Is there a pdf manual for Affinity Designer as well?

I ask the same. Unfortunetly I can't find any PDF manual for Affinity Designer.

I try convert HTML with Calibre (simple move index.html file from "English.lproj" folder in Program Files inside Affinity Designer root to Calibre window). It's sad to say but it can't convert to mobi with pictures. Convertion to PDF was failed. Question to author of PDF of help version:

How you create and which tools use to create your PDF file?

At the end, IMHO is a really good piece of work. It has all what I need to start with Affinity Photo. Thank you!

I have produced a pdf version of the Affinity Photo manual that you can read without starting the program. It can be interesting to put it on your phone or tablet to read when you have some time to spare. Since the file is too big to upload here, I have put it on Dropbox for you to download. It is current for the last version of Affinity Photo. Comments welcomed. Here is the link:

https://dropbox.com/s/d3uxmmypdx9ruzw/Affinity%20Photo%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

This is awesome work! Highly appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing this great manual. 

The way I did it is easy. I open the Photo help page and do some copy and paste in a Word document. Then I edit the document and generate an index. After that, I save it as a pdf document. That's all but it's a long process. I don't think there's a copyright issue since everyone has access to the help pages in Affinity Photo and can do the same thing I did. If Serif doesn't approve of what I did, I'll simply remove it from Dropbox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...