h2o70procent

Pointer stuck in top left corner after MacOS Sierra (10.12.3 (16D32)) update with Wacom Tablet

Yesterday I updated my OS to MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32). I use a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet. The tablet continues to work fine in other programs, but it does not in Affinity Designer. The pointer get stuck in the top left corner with I plug the tablet in.

Hey h2o70procent,

I haven't heard of this before. With Affinity open, if switch to another app, does the pointer become responsive again? What drivers are you using for the tablet?

Hi,
i have the same problem. But not only in the top left corner. A lot of clicks are stucked for a bit. Liquid working? No Chance.

But i am sure its not only a problem with Affinity. I have this also every time i click near the edge of the canvas.

For me, it could also be a Wacom issue.

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

I've noticed that this problem occurs not only in the program. This is more of a Wacom problem. Their drivers are often over a year old. If there was an alternative to wacom tablets, I would buy immediately!!!

I've noticed that this problem occurs not only in the program. This is more of a Wacom problem. Their drivers are often over a year old. If there was an alternative to wacom tablets, I would buy immediately!!!

I had a quick look on the net and I've seen similar reports across different apps so you are probably right. 

I had my Intuos4 therefore already once embroidered. It came back with the hint "we can not comprehend the Problem you described.

It will really take time for a product of a new vendor

The problem exist since my Wacom 3 or may be before!

For people who encounter this problem, here's what I observed. I am using a macbook pro (Sierra), Intuos 3, typically under a dual monitor config (32" screen) and opt to go single monitor (mirroring turned on, thunderbolt 2 to a caldigit dock to display port ) when my system slows under heavy graphics use and low ram. Now, its been a month or two since I upgraded my OS. Last night,  it suddenly locked up on me into the corner. I re-installed the Wacom driver and rebooted my machine but no luck. I flipped the lid open the pen was released from the corner. I re-closed the lid and the pen continues to work normally. I'm thinking it has to do with the screen mapping it queries the OS. If it locks up again, I may consider trashing the preferences. 

PS: Its worth mentioning that the thunderbolt to display port is a flakey communication. My monitor's power saving mode won't wake unless I disconnect the thunderbolt connection or if I toggle from HDMI mode to display port just to wake it.
E