You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 1.5.1.43 Windows. Problem with spelling correction

G'day again from Australian.

I am having an awesome time with Affinity Designer, but I am very much a newbie.

I assume that I am doing something wrong, as I am unable to get the Check Spelling While Typing option to work :( The option is clicked in the Text/Spelling spot, but when I type in text nothing gets corrected.

I this a senior's problem for me :), or is this a problem with Affinity 1,5,1,43 for Windows? I have Windows 10.

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Paul.

• Staff

Hi Paul,

Do incorrectly spelt words have a red underline to them as if they do this means they have been checked. If you then right click you get some suggestions that you can choose from or an option to learn or ignore.

Highlight some text then make sure your language setting is actually set to a language

If set to none you will not get the red underlining on misspeled words  :ph34r:

post-17958-0-38043900-1485586280_thumb.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Highlight some text then make sure your language setting is actually set to a language

If set to none you will not get the red underlining on misspeled words  :ph34r:

Hi Carl.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for your explanation. Easy when you know how :) Works perfectly now.

Best wishes and keep up the great work.

Paul.

Ps. Carl, how did you post the Thumbnail? My old age has me trying to work this out, but I can't see how to do that. All I can see in the options here isto link to a URL. Is that how an image is posted. Thank you.

Ps. Carl, how did you post the Thumbnail? My old age has me trying to work this out, but I can't see how to do that. All I can see in the options here isto link to a URL. Is that how an image is posted. Thank you.

Hi paulfromaustralia,

To attach a file to your post, click "More Reply Options" and then click "Choose files ..." to choose the file on your disk.

Regards.

post-37692-0-03681100-1485612726_thumb.png

post-37692-0-68977500-1485612737_thumb.png

To attach a file to your post, click "More Reply Options" and then click "Choose files ..." to choose the file on your disk.

Please note that you also need to press the 'Attach This File' button, otherwise the file that you chose won't actually be attached.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Please note that you also need to press the 'Attach This File' button, otherwise the file that you chose won't actually be attached.

Alfred, you're right, thanks for the precision, I thought it was self-evident!

Alfred, you're right, thanks for the precision, I thought it was self-evident!

It should be self-evident, but it's very easy to overlook that button and to assume that the file(s) you've chosen will automatically be included with your post.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)