You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Undelete function

Hi, I spend a lot of time cutting out pictures of people that I've taken so we have transparent PNGs for future use.

I'm too picky for the automatic flood delete options... I want smoother lines, so I spend an hour and go along the lines and cut them out.....

For this I need the undelete function because I often find that I took too much off at some stage... and I don't want to have to undo x times to then have to redo all the work I'd done in between times. My previous programme allowed me to undelete by right clicking the area when using the delete tool.

• Staff

Hi highab,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you tried to use a selection/mask for this? See this video tutorial about cutting out images. You may also want to take a look at this one: Refining Selections.

For additional videos check out this thread: In-house Affinity Photo Video Tutorials.

• 1 month later...

That looks great, IF you have a lovely clear photo with well-defined edges.

I'm taking photos on almost full zoom without a flash from a distance of 15-20m. The people in the pictures are under spotlights, so the photo is clear, but not as clear as it probably needs to be for that to work.

I need an undelete function and a way to change brush shape and rotation at speed.... having to move to the brush window and slide a slider to rotate the delete brush, but having to guess if I've rotated it enough because I'm in another window and so the brush shape isn't showing on the image is a little bit frustrating and not a particularly efficient workflow.