- S -

Affinity Photo - Brushes Lose Settings

Quite often after spending time tweaking a brush, I find that all the new settings are lost and it reverts back to the previous settings meaning I have to start over again (if I'm lucky and notice the settings being binned).

To replicate the issue:

1) Either open a new document, or delete a layer to start drawing with a fresh canvas

2) Double click a brush to open the settings dialogue box

3) Draw on the canvas with the brush to see what the current brush it looking like <-- This step is important

4) Tweak the brush settings, drawing on the canvas again to compare it to the original brush stroke (until you get your desired settings)

5) Press the 'Close' button to close the dialogue box

6) Continue drawing with new settings.  Although all appears fine at this point, none of the brush settings are actually saved.  As soon as you open the settings dialogue again or change brushes, the settings are all lost and they revert back to the original settings

In step 4, you can tell when it's going to lose all the settings because in it's failed state all the settings change instantaniously.  Whereas ordinarily, when the settings dialogue box is working correctly, there's a very slight delay when changing the settings (like it's registering the changes).

Windows 10 - 14393.693
Affinity Photo - 1.5.1.54

Hey Sima,

I've reproduced this, It seems to happen when the Assistant rasterizes the layer. I'll check this with development. Thanks! 

That was my initial thought as well, however it doesn't just occur when the Assistant creates a new pixel layer, it happens when you manually create a new pixel layer too.

That was my initial thought as well, however it doesn't just occur when the Assistant creates a new pixel layer, it happens when you manually create a new pixel layer too.

You are indeed correct - Chris and myself found this. Creating this layer changes the selection so it probably has a knock on effect!