You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[SOLVED] Selection suggestions

Hello everyone!

I've got some suggestions for improving the selection tools:

1: Could you add a shortcut to the tools that lets the user add to selection when holding shift?

2: Could you add a shortcut to the tools that lets the user subtract from the selection when holding alt?

3: Currently, when I select Mode -> Add, I can only add to selection if I am starting the loop outside of the current selection. It seems there is no way to start a loop inside the selection, because if I try to do so, I actually move the selection. This behaviour could be accessed with M (Rectangular Marquee Tool), though. Being able to start a loop inside the current selection is just easier sometimes.

4: Could you include the selection menu (from the menu bar) in the selection tools so that it is being displayed at cursor location when right clicking?

5: I guess this is a bug, but I am adding this here as it's about the same tool:

Clicking L to select the Free Hand Selection Tool will not show a different cursor initially.

The cursor will only be displayed after using the tool.

Best wishes,

Shu

• 1 year later...

Does nobody run into the problem that you want to do a lot of selection work, but always have to move the cursor to the top left when you want to change the mode?

When using shortcuts to toggle the modes, this would be a lot faster. If I remember correctly, Photoshop used shift for adding to selection and alt for subtracting from selection.