You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone!

Does anybody know when exactly continous export (which can be accessed in the Export Persona) writes data?

Does it save each time I change the document (and an entry gets created in the History)? Does it overwrite each time the application loses focus?

As I am using an SSD, I don't really want to overwrite a file each time I am doing some small changes, resulting in hundreds or thousands of writing processes in a short period of time.

If it depends on the OS: I'm using a Mac running OSX 11.6.

Best wishes and thanks for any help!

Shu

@MEB

Thank you for your answer!

I am not sure if I understand correctly, though.

I have the whole image selected as one slice, because I don't need to export any parts of it.

So that means, for example, it gets saved every time I draw a line (after releasing the mouse button)?

Because in that case I'm probably going to stick with saving manually.

Best wishes,

Shu

EDIT:

Alright, it does actually save all the time rather than when losing focus.

I tried to do some work in Photo in window mode and next to it, I opened the folder that it exports the slices to in Finder. The file in Finder gets updated even when focus is only set to Photo.