You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Troubles exporting to .svg

Hi there!

I'm new to Designer and  I'm am facing a problem in exporting to .svg format. In picture 1, you can see what the thing should look like (and it does, when exported to .jpg or .png.) When exporting to .svg, things look like on picture 2 in Illustrator, which is not quite what I wanted :-) I need to get it out with transparent background. In the docs settings, background is set to transparent. Can anyone of you guys help me out please? Thanx a lot!

Best, Mike

post-21747-0-19235600-1485016991_thumb.png

post-21747-0-93405900-1485016998_thumb.png

I believe compatibility of svg between different graphic design apps is not as straight forward as one would expect. What does it look like in a browser? Have you tried different svg-presets? (the "flatten" serves a rasterised version and might not be the one you are looking for if you want editable vector).

I wrote about this problem in this topic https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30466-bug-in-exported-svgs-ad/and i tried different export settings and actually found no solution to this. Which is sad cause i love AD much but i have to export a lot of icons everyday in svg... 

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

Hi guys!

First of all, thanx a lot for your help and input. Meanwhile I solved the problem, a minute before I saw your post, mfarooqi :-) If you have the same problem, export the file as PSD in AD, open in AP and export it again. That way it works. Not the elegant way, but at least fits my needs :-)

Thanx again, read you soon!

Mike

Hi guys!

First of all, thanx a lot for your help and input. Meanwhile I solved the problem, a minute before I saw your post, mfarooqi :-) If you have the same problem, export the file as PSD in AD, open in AP and export it again. That way it works. Not the elegant way, but at least fits my needs :-)

Thanx again, read you soon!

Mike

Thanks for the TIP. NO I didn't face any issue like this. I created same kind of intersect/trimmed/boolean shapes.. Exported to SVG and that worked fine. 

I tried from both AP and AD and all gone fine. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.