You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo v1.5.1.54 - Issue with Fujifilm S5 Pro RAF file

EDIT 2: seems that there is no lens correction for this camera; look to the attachment.

EDIT: Sorry I see now, that is the problem, another Programm shows it correct.

Hi, what is your system? WIN? My system works with it without any problem; is the very wide lens original?

regards
lars

RAW_FUJI_S5PRO_V106-cor.tiff

RAW_FUJI_S5PRO_V106-cor.tiff

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Just loaded some RAF files from my Fuji S3 Pro into Affinity Photo. 

I noticed a different issue. Compared to LR6, AP is not handling the highlight recovery very well. I estimate around a few stop difference. 

Also AP did not handle the converted/recovered file from LR6 as DNG file. The image appeared purple in AP!

But strangely enough, if you export as a PSD then everything is handled correctly. 

Hi Simon, what is the meaning of: not your file? If I load what I get from your threed (I did it for using Fuji too) to AP it is as a very very wide lens. And I can see that the lens correction makes it better. So there seems to be the problem. Taking another RAW-Coverter it comes out the next attachment; is that yours?

So the AP-maker should explain.

regards

lars

post-46354-0-84927200-1485112856_thumb.jpg

Try in the "assistent" (the little white sign first row) if there is another RAW Engine for WIN: In AP-mac there is "core image RAW" that works fine.

On my mac I have two programms reading your *.raf; and the mac "Finder" (pc-browser) shows it correct but it can´t be changed therein to another format, and the mac shows it in "preview" where it is to change to other formats. The RAW-File-Converter-Ex from Fuji can´t read it: no support for this camera is said.

So AP should find a way...

lars

I m running into exactly the same issue, see attached files, both issued from a fuji S5 Pro, the RAF show major distorsion , optic was a Nikkor 18-55 2.8 @ 5.6 1/1000 400iso 55

I was shooting with dual RAF+Jpeg setting so i m not majorly handicaped right now but if you could look into the issue.

I understand that this is not a very popular or recent camera but i d hate to have to go back to Adobe

post-50177-0-70549200-1485428407_thumb.jpg

DSCF9521.zip