dimitarsp

Designer/Photo brush pressure settings cannot only change flow/opacity

Hello

I would like to use the brush tool with pressure sensitivity that change only the flow of the brush, not the size. However, when i try to modify the jitter settings of the brush by disabling the size pressure jitter and enabling flow pressure jitter, the behavior of the brush does not change. When putting more pressure on the stylus, it still increases the size of the brush.

I have tried in Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 Vector + Pixel modes, and in Photo 1.5.1.54, and they act exactly the same.

I am on Win10x64 with Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch M.

post-5856-0-85600900-1485007331_thumb.jpg

OK, after further investigation, i answered my own question. Apparently the prssure button in the top menu is not a universal pressure on/off but applies specifically to the size of the brush. the rest of the brush dynamics are controlled by the dynamics menu. Took me a while to figure this one out.