You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

G'dfay from Australia.

A few hours ago I downloaded Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 for Windows. I have Windows 10.

For the life of me I am unable to create an asset by dragging a graphic across to the assets section. When I try to do this the  graphic gets dragged behind the assets column, If I keep dragging the display where I am drawing moves to the right.

I can however create the asset by going to the assets drop down menu and clicking on 'Add from Selection.'

This is driving me bonkers, as I am sure I have lost the plot, and it is easy to do, but I can't work out how.

I hope there is some kind soul out there who can help me resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Paul.

post-49740-0-12363900-1485003532_thumb.jpg

G'dfay from Australia.

A few hours ago I downloaded Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 for Windows. I have Windows 10.

For the life of me I am unable to create an asset by dragging a graphic across to the assets section. When I try to do this the  graphic gets dragged behind the assets column, If I keep dragging the display where I am drawing moves to the right.

I can however create the asset by going to the assets drop down menu and clicking on 'Add from Selection.'

This is driving me bonkers, as I am sure I have lost the plot, and it is easy to do, but I can't work out how.

I hope there is some kind soul out there who can help me resolve my problem.

Thank you.

Paul.

Hi paulfromaustralia,

I'm also with AD 1.5.1.43 and Windows 10 and like you I am unable to drag a drawing directly from the page into the asset submenu and like you I can create the asset by going to the assets drop down menu and clicking on "Add from Selection".

Contrary to what is written in AD's help, it seems that there is only one way to create assets.

Hi,

in this AD video about Assets both methods are shown (aka via drag'n'drop too), however maybe there are still some little glitches/bugs in the Windows version and thus it has to be fixed or to be adapted there to work the same way (?).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2